Join Our Team
For more information about the vacancies, please send us an up to date copy of your CV along with a short covering letting to email@example.com
Exciting New Position
Wedding and Events Planner
with Saltire Hospitality Ltd
- Full time position
- Salary dependant on experience
- Average of 40-45 hours per week
- Typically, Monday-Friday
- Please note we are looking for someone who can be flexible and attend the occasional evening meeting/events/weekends
- The position is available for immediate start
- Based at Saltire Hospitality Headquarters
A little bit about us…
We’re a family owned, Scottish Catering and Hospitality company, based in Edinburgh. We have a hugely exciting opportunity available for a Wedding and Private Events Planner to join our team. As our new Wedding and Events Planner, you will play a vital part of our amazing team providing all clients with an exceptional catering experience. Working closely with our clients and venue partners is so important to us and the continued growth of Saltire and our team members is what we are proud of most.
As a family owned, working closely together as a team, is essential. As a Wedding and Events Planner, the ideal candidate will be willing to go above and beyond to deliver and exceed client’s expectations. The role will be heavily focused on the pre planning stages of the event, working in hand with our event team to conduct a full handover for the event itself. It is crucial to us that our clients feel relaxed and at ease, knowing they are well looked after. We’re looking for a candidate with a bubbly and enthusiastic personality and they must be extremely passionate about food and working within the hospitality industry. Whilst the position will be predominantly focused on weddings, there will be a requirement to assist with two of our of our large venues for the planning of corporate events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities…
- To work both independently and within our existing sales and events team.
- Managing enquiries, preparing event quotations, conducting meetings, follow ups, confirming dates and taking the client through all stages of the booking process.
- Providing clients with the best possible experience and personal level of service, ensuring expectations are always met.
- Work with clients to design their day, assisting with time schedules, room layouts, menu planning and offering advice and recommendations.
- Maintaining an extremely high level of customer care at all times.
- Working with key venue partners and clientele.
- Assisting with new ideas and innovation for our services.
- Develop new connections and relationships with industry suppliers.
- Attending sales meetings where required, working to targets and developing new ideas and assisting with marketing.
- Communicating and liaising with internal departments, attending weekly meetings.
- Representing the company at Wedding Fairs and industry events with a prime focus on supporting the growth and development of the company.
- Assist with social media.
Required skills and experience…
- Previous experience in a similar role is mandatory.
- Confident sales-driven person.
- Strong communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Bubbly, friendly and approachable manner.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Computer literate.
- Self- motivated with a desire to surpass targets.
- Must have a passion for food and awareness of current food trends.
- Knowledge of food safety, health and safety, awareness of food allergies and intolerances.
- Provide a high level of customer care, always, going above and beyond and providing our clients with the best possible experience.
- The ability to work closely within a team, assisting and helping each other with day to day duties.
- Managing a series/broad range of events simultaneously with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work varying hours including evenings/weekends.
- UK driving license and passion of their own vehicle.
Why work with us?
We may have started small; however, Saltire has massively developed into the company we are today with now over 70 full time employees. This year is a monumental year for the company as we celebrate 20 years in business. We never stand still, we will continue to develop and grow, with a huge amount to look forward to this year. This is a platform opportunity for the successful candidate to progress within Saltire and have a lot of fun along the way.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to the email address below. We’d love to know more about you and why you would be a great fit to our team?